Reading the books is most of a bookclub, discussing the book is important too. It allows you to process what it was you read. My goal for Appendix: Lit was to find inspiration for my gaming, I suspect I will learn things along the way—especially because I made a real effort to collect a diverse array of stories and authors.
This list is based from Teresa Preston at bookriot.com then modified to the gaming geek vibe that I was hoping to have for this club.
- What did you like best about this book?
- What did you like least about this book?
- Did this book remind you of any others?
- Which characters in the book did you like best?
- Which characters did you like least?
- What gaming system would you use for the story? Which one best suits the style of the book?
- If the characters were Player Characters what would their race, background, and class?
- Which of the characters do you think you could make into Non-Player Characters?
- If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast?
- What feelings did this book evoke for you?
- What songs does this book make you think of? Create a book group playlist together!
- Which places in the book would you most like to visit?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he or she trying to get across?
- If you could hear this same story from another person’s point of view, who would you choose?
- If you were running this adventure, where would be the most difficult to allow the players to progress the plot without being railroaded or told where to go?
Do you have any others that could be added?